Sunday, August 8, 2010

Summer Speeds On!

Wow! Summer is crazy this year, isn't it? Recent rains have quelled local forest fires; that will take some of the pressure off. Town is alive with tourists. The traffic is at its worse in Jackson Hole right now. The gardens are at their best! I have zucchini blooming and brussel sprouts brusseling!!

The young chickens have yet to start laying. Every day I peer into their laying boxes seeking that first small egg, but alas, only the older three are producing an egg here and there.

Hot Shot Joe is off for a month's of training that I got when I bought him. I'll be trailering him today. Methuselah got moved to town with her other friend Mia. There is lots of good grass; she is gaining more and more weight.

Michael is off to help with a pack trip. He'll be back home on Wednesday and then we have the annual fire department picnic. Argh. We will all be glad when it is finished.

I have had the opportunity to fill in as Duty Officer now two weekends in a row. What a great way to learn some things! I am delighted to have the chance.

Michael's brother Scott is headed out early September to try to slay an elk with a bow. How nice to have him and maybe Stephanie out for a visit!

I am finishing up with two online classes and starting two more! Why not throw a few more irons in the fire, right?! Bring it on!!

Have you heard about the earthquakes? What's shakin' today, Addie??!!

No comments: