Monday, June 18, 2018

Now That Was A Vacation!

I left Thursday morning from Jackson.

By mid afternoon, I was in Seattle trying out my Uber app for my first Uber ride where I then loaded up on the ferry to Vashon Island.  Terry and Mary, long time good friends wined and dined me at their lovely place on the island.  What a beautiful garden to begin this adventure! 


Late last year, I got notice that my former Chief, Rusty Palmer, had been accepted into the 2018 Whidbey Island Garden Show!  About six years ago when he commented this was something he was really hoping for, I told him that should he get chosen, I would come for the tour - so I did!!

How nice to be able to make the trip bigger and find Mary and Terry home and with time they could give up to join me.  We had the best time!!  A trip to the interesting Fort Casey (see more at Click Here to see more of the Park ) provided neat lines and shadows for photo opportunities. 


Mary's garden whetted my appetite for the big Saturday tour.  She has been working on this garden for years and this year is enjoying new plants thanks to the deer-eradication fence.  I despise chislers.  She despises Bambi!  

The garden has something new to oooh and ahhhh over every step.  Go around twice to see something you never saw the first time!  Lovely colors and textures take the visual senses on a veritable ferris wheel of fun!  I cannot even imagine the amount of time, work, and money that goes into something like this!







Next blog will show you the images from the annual Widbey Island Garden Tour and Rusty's garden of Tranquility!  


No comments: