Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Success

This is a picture of success!  Last weekend, I took the "our honey" box off the two "bee's honey" boxes and harvest exactly this much honey (well, minus the honey licked from my fingers!), captured from the 2018 harvest.

Success? you ask with disbelief.  Yes, success!  The bees have put their work into their honey and if it is a decent winter, that supply might just be enough to get them through the long, cold winter.  We shall see. 

Also success because I don't know what I'm doing!  Harvesting honey is a sticky mess.  Leave the stuff to the bees - I am thrilled with all the pollenated plants!  There are seeds everywhere!  Sunflower seeds, columbine seeds, poppy pods filled with seeds, fuchsia seed pods, and more.  Next year, a hive for Hoback so the cherry flowers will be pollinated and there will be sour cherries!

Thank you our friends the bees.  Thank you for your hard work.  May your hard work take you through the cold, dark winter with ease and plenty of food stores to keep you and your Queen well taken care of.  I'm thinking already of all the lovely flowering plants I can grow for you next season. 

 
 

No comments: