Monday, October 21, 2019

Handy Man

Here is how it usually works.....I find something so unbelievably cool at the ReStore, and well, I just can't leave without it.  It's usually very unique, but I know it will require The Handy Man's  some way or another.  I buy it anyway, with hesitation and consternation.  And then I wait until the Handy Man is in a relatively good mood...."hey, Darlin', I have a small project for you."  He huffs and puffs.  He has to make a zillion trips back and forth getting the right tools, things don't fit, pieces are needed; all the time, I'm feeling like a real imposition in the Handy Man's life.

These projects have included the hanging of many lights.  This one, is, by far, the most unique light I have ever seen!!  When the whole escapade was over, I think even the Handy Man was pleased!!


It was a relaxing weekend, for sure.  The weather was snotty.  Cold, rainy, windy then snow.  Nothing to do outside unless one wanted to be miserable.  Which is how the horses and mules looked as gale force winds threw sheets of stinging snow eastward bound.  We watched from the comfort of the inside, wood stove crackling. I always feel bad for our stock when winter arrives.

Saturday morning, just at daylight, Ruby growled.  We figured she was growling at the passing mules and horses.  We were up and about shortly after and there, in the hay field, just out from the house, were at least 100 grazing elk!  It was so cool!!  We snuck out on the deck and slipped into the hot tub watching them graze down the cut plants.  The horses grazed nearby.  And then a coyote came along hunting the pocket gophers.  What a treat!


No comments: