Monday, November 2, 2020

Raising Funds

It is a tragic story.  One of a 9 month old in his stroller.  Mom runs into the tent to grab a coat while dad leaves.  Dad see the back of the stroller and figures all is well, gets in his truck and backs over his nine month old son who crawled out of the stroller. Tragic, heartbreaking, and an event that brought the community together to do something.  Something for this young couple that lost their beautiful baby boy.  Someone started a Facebook page and they did a community fund raising event through an auction.  Local people donated a ton of things.  I think they had close to 800 items donated.  I donated a sour cherry pie.  It fetched $90 and was delivered this last weekend.  

I also donated a case of wide mouth pint jars with lids and rings.  It fetched $55.  Those are almost collectors items this year!! 

The family is overwhelmed with the love and care from the community.  They have more money than they need, so I have heard, and will help out other families when needed.  

I doubt there are many more things more difficult to endure.  I hope they find some very good counseling so they can go on with life.  





No comments: