Sunday, December 27, 2020

Recipe of the Week, #2

I could feel it coming.  It's been an undercurrent all of my life.  This fall, when I found the nice fresh raviolis in the deli section the pull became stronger.  A delicious quick meal.  Saute up some onions and garlic, throw in a can of diced tomatoes and tomato paste, some oregeno and basil and dinner is served.  Then the guests staying at our house sent a picture of their lovely daughter, Lilyjean, eating raviolis.  The ones grandpa makes every year for Christmas.  It's a family tradition.  


I had all of the ingredients and a full free day.  The 00 Flour, eggs, oil.  The green ball above is the ravioli pasta ready to chill and colored up in kale powder green.  

There is no pasta maker in our lives.  Remarkable.  Mike is certain I have every kitchen gadget known to man and woman, however, I have no pasta maker.  This pasta dough was rolled with a rolling pin.  I may very well use this year's Christmas money (thanks Mom & Dad!!) for the Kitchen Aid attachment for pasta rolling.....

Each rav was filled with things I found.  Some burger left from tacos the other night - seemed weird, but what the heck!  Some parmesan cheese.  Some pumpkin seeds.  An egg.  I whirled it up in the food processor, ready for filling the ravs! 

I will say, this was a success!!  They are simply delicious!!  One recipe made about 30 ravs; enough for dinner and enough to freeze.  My oh my.  

It was bound to happen sooner or later! Manga!  (Or however you spell that!!)



  

No comments: