Thursday, January 21, 2021

Bad Recipe

While I write this note about a very bad recipe, Mike's mom is undergoing surgery for her broken hip.  Oh dear, Janet, we are thinking of  you today and hoping for your speedy recovery.  

It does seem trite to write about a bad recipe when things like this are going on with loved ones in far away places.  I hope you will forgive me and recognize it is a distraction much needed during a stressful time. 

In a prior post, you may recall the recipe for the beeeautiful Bundt cake with hibiscus frosting.  Part of the cake's beauty was its form so I ordered a brand new bundt pan.  It's called a Heritage Bundt pan and is supposedly the rage on Amazon.  You can find it here.   Even if I never figure out this recipe, I am glad to have the pan.  

It got lost in delivery.  Of course.  Was to be delivered on Friday.  Now, I have been watching, anticipating, and expecting its delivery - the whole recipe revolves around the special cool-looking bundt pan!  A very helpful UPS man (Bill, he is THE MAN!), found and recovered the mis-delivered pan and redirected it to my hands.

The anticipation grew.  I had all the ingredients.  Carefully reading through the recipe directions, I got to the part where it said "add the butter...." What??  There is not butter listed in the ingredient list.  


So, I pulled up the recipe at my work desk today and there it is, right at the top.  Butter is listed.  Dang it!  Even without butter, this cake turned out beautiful and delicious - although dry.  Butter will help!!  I recommend you try it and make sure you get the entire recipe copied.  




No comments: