Friday, April 23, 2021

Another Bee Posting

Spring is here and we beekeepers are busy.  Time to check hives and see how they wintered.  Happily, all of mine lived.  I have one colony that is a bit weak, but I'm giving them high odds for regrouping.  The battle between winter and spring is wearing us all out.  Snow again today.  Good grief.  No dandelions blooming yet.  All hives are equipped with lots of sugar to help them hold on until spring finally wins!  

Here is a fun slow-motion video of some winning survivors!  Way to go, Girls!  


As I continue to learn more, my bees have a better chance of surviving our long Wyoming winters.  Without doubt, this is the biggest challenge here in keeping bees.  

Here is something so cool!  Bees remember faces.  I hope they like me when they see me!

READ THIS ARTICLE  

Be well, be happy, be a beekeeper!!!  Why not?!

And while we are on the topic, just found this CRAZY article......read this and think a bit....

CRAZY BEE ARTICLE!

No comments: