Saturday, June 12, 2021

Barn Quilt #3

I needed a winter project last winter.  Of course, I wanted to make another barn quilt.  The problem with making one is that you really need to have a barn in mind to put it on when you are done. 

And so the process began.  

There is a lovely old barn - circa 1945 - in the east side of Jackson sitting within a park set aside by the Town for the enjoyment of many.  The west face of the barn was identified as the spot for a barn quilt.  I approached the local Jackson Hole Quilt Guild to see if they might be interested in funding this effort.  

After much to-do (what a bunch of snippy, penny-counting hags!), it was decided to move forward.  Lots of people donated money.  More money than will be needed, I am certain.  This is a whole story of its own and shameful enough that I shall not print it!

So, I started painting.  Mike put it together despite how painful it is on his knees and back.  He suffered, trust me.  

Yesterday was the big day to hang.  All went well, thanks to the help of Henry and Luca from the Walton Ranch, Jerry with the lift, Mike Bressler who swung by just at the right time to lend a hand, and a few others.  

Addie says, "it looks like jewelry on the barn!"  Great description!!  





No comments: