Sunday, October 10, 2021

Alone.

It is possible, I have found, to really get a lot done when you are all alone.  It is also lonely.  Best friend, Smoke (the dog), and I have constant conversations.  He looks at me like I'm crazy, but he is really just trying to figure out what the heck it is I am saying.  I ramble on.  It's nice to have a living being to talk to.  He listens better than Mike, but it is nice to have engagement...

Some images from the week.  I did not take a picture of the big compost bin move.  Relocated them during a drizzle yesterday morning.  Got them in a good place.  A skunk was observed skunking around during the darkness of the night - I imagine he was cleaning up that which got left.  

I did not take a picture of the house clean up and turnover.  Dani (one of the Squatters, as Dad calls Dani and Evan!) was able to gather up some of their stuff and spend the night as she makes her way to Alaska.  Why not?!  Give it a try and all of the best in Fairbanks!

I was not able to go to the garden.  Over 500 cloves of garlic await a decent day.  This storm dropped 1.65 inches of rain in Freedom and 2 inches in Hoback.  The next break may be Friday......


 

This is a close up of a loaf of sour cherry/walnut/cinnamon and sugar sourdough bread.  


Last night's cooking was making homemade lasagne noodles, building the lasagne, baking the lasgne, and today, cutting it and freezing it up for later.  Tonight, I will build some ravioli out of noodles just like these. 


Taken from my phone, the fall colors drip down the drainage across the river.  


No comments: