Tuesday, November 9, 2021

What have we been up to....

 Apologies.  Long time since I've posted.  I've been to Sante Fe for a great week of training, home and then back off again to Lander WY for more great training. 

My guide checked the elk regs and my late season elk tag closed way before I guessed.  So, we have had to hustle and do some quick hunting.  Took a Monday off (gasp, I never take Mondays off!) and after a big big climb and some luck (always luck involved in hunting!), my guide got me into a nice herd of elk.  This was a super-fun hunt.  One I will always remember.  I have a very good guide! 


This is a young cow.  Not a calf, but not much more than a year old.  We will butcher her ourselves; great Thanksgiving weekend project.  Thank you Miss Elk.  Your sacrifice of your life is recognized and appreciated.  We are so privileged to hunt in such big beautiful country, to harvest lean organic meat, and to have strong stock to get us there.  A day to always remember.  


No comments: