Monday, December 27, 2021

Gift from The Magi (aka, The Wizard)

I failed miserably at getting anything for Michael this year.  He got himself a new welder - something I am certainly NOT qualified to go out and buy!  But he, in his last minute quest, got me a beautiful Christmas gift and I am delighted!

What could that be, you ask?  What could it be that you want but didn't just go out and buy?  And there is where Mike's wisdom and observations skills turned him into a Magi (a Wise Man bearing a Gift) or as George would note, The Wizard (a nicknamed donned to Michael for reasons I am unsure of, however, a funny and clever name, indeed!).  

You see, Mike knows me very well.  He knows that I would search for years to find an expensive item in a second hand store but I would never go out and buy something so crazy-expensive like a good bread knife.  He also knows we just happen to have one of the crazy-expensive knife stores right here in Jackson Hole New West Knives  This 9" super bread knife is one I have lusted for and Mike knew it.  So, he went right over to the store and got it for me!!  Look how beautiful it is next to a fresh loaf of olive/caper sourdough bread! 


And there is the moral of this story.  It's not about giving but it's about knowing the person you are giving to - knowing them so well and so deeply you understand the exact gift to buy.  At some point, Mike will read this blog and when you do, my Dear One, I hope you know it is my thank you card to you, the one who knows me so well. 

No comments: