Thursday, May 12, 2022

Last Call

 I had asked my favorite dispatcher to be working on my last day.  I would sign off, she would sign me off.  Last call.  They do this for line of duty deaths in the fire and law enforcement service.  It's the most emotionally impactful thing you can sit through at a funeral.  The dispatcher comes over the PA calling the passed away official's call number...."2247"  "2247"  "2247....no response, out of service"  Rip out your heart strings!!  I was not prepared that day I sat in the Presbyterian Church and heard this final ceremony for a deputy who had died.  And I will never never forget it either.  

But I am just retiring, I assured my emotional dispatcher.  I had no expected this beautiful tribute.  Thank you all who made this happen.  I hold it near and dear.  And yes, I get choked up and cry each time I hear it!!  Thank you all. 

CLICK HERE TO HEAR FINAL SIGN OFF FOR BC5


No comments: