Tuesday, August 2, 2022

My Espresso Machine Almost Killed Me

 Some folks from Las Vegas who used to rent our place are tied in tight with the coffee business.  He may very well be the top dog who runs the Pete's Coffee shops there......As he knows coffee, I mentioned I might be interested in investigating getting an espresso machine. 

The ten-person Las Vegas clan came to Star Valley this 4th of July (found an AirBnb not nearly as great as our place, so they reported!), toting along with them Brad's espresso machine.  They brought it when they stayed here too. 

The machine is a massive thing, weighing at least 45 pounds.  Tired of toting it back and forth, there was an opportunity here and the machine is now "staged" at our place - ready to be carted to their address next time they visit.  Brad gave me the Barista Lesson and a couple of bags of really really good Italian coffee beans.    Really good!  Mike and I were enjoying two or three double-shot espressos every morning complete with foamed milk! 

Then, last week, I had the giant I-almost-burned-down-the-house scare.  Then my heart started beating irregular.  Thursday was not a good day.  Doing some online doctor research, I concluded I had PVCs happening.  A lot.  The info on the web was telling me anxiety and caffeine were two ways to trigger this cardiac event.   I tried to relax, started drinking decaf, and by Monday, things were back to normal. 

Not sure why I did not think of all that caffeine and how it might affect me......As of last Friday, I am done with all fashions of caffeine!!  I know, I know, there is a bit of caffeine in decaf, but it will be a much less dose than what I was taking!!  I guess that's why energy drinks are not the best either. 

It is a beautiful thing, that espresso machine! I'm glad I'm still here to enjoy it!! 


Some other images from the week.  My morning work space, apricots made into jam, and honeyberry scones.  I will get better at this Retirement-Thing....






No comments: