Thursday, May 14, 2009

Muffins and The Coop!


Update on the Coop. Building continues. Look - walls!! The day started cold and with earflaps down, Michael got walls up!! No work now until next week. This weekend: the fishing derby, the fire department banquet, and I leave Sunday morning for the National Fire Academy in Emmitsberg!! Phew!

I have a wonderful recipe to share now that you've looked at the new coop pictures. Feeling the mood to bake, I pulled this recipe off the internet from Allrecipes , and what do you know, at last, a muffin recipe worth making. I highly recommend this one. Yummy! Enjoy. I'll try to do a post from Maryland!

Preheat oven to 400 degrees

Throw dry ingrediants together: 1 1/2c. flour, 3/4 c. sugar, 1/2 t. salt, 2 t. baking powder.

Now mix up wet ingrediants (this is kind of a clever method). Put 1/3c oil in a 1 cup measuring cup. Throw in an egg and then top off with whipping cream (or milk, that's all I had), put in a bowl and make sure wets are all mixed.

Make topping by throwing 1/2 c. sugar, 1/3 c. flour, 1/4 c. butter (yup, that' a half of a stick baby!) and 1 - 2 t. cinnamon. I spun it around in my little chopper thing.

Now, throw wet with dry, don't stir too much, throw in 1 c. fresh blueberries.

Take this rather thick dough, and put in lined muffin tins. Then put a big spoonfull of the topping on top of each muffin. Bake 20-25 minutes (it was more toward the 25 minutes at this elevation).

I'm telling you, these are GOOD!! And look, they call for an EGG!! Ha! We come full circle!


Recipe comes from Allrecipes off the internet.

No comments: