Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Meet Jake

This is Jake.  His story is an amazing one.

Jake's mom and dad, Robyn and Jason, wanted a baby very badly.  They were having a difficult time making it happen, so they took her egg and his sperm and put them in an Indian woman's body in India.  Jake was born a premie and India hospitals aren't so good, but he pulled through.

Now, I am quite particular about kids, as you may know.  Jake is an awesome kid.  One of the finest I know.  In this picture, Jake and I are sitting tall in the driver's seat of Engine 31.  Jake loves fire trucks (although he hates the sirens). 

There are very few kids that can make me smile like Jake.  He is polite, curious, smart, and funny.  His parents have raised this precious gift quite well. 

I just wanted to share this with you all.  In a world where so many things can bring you down, where hate and anger float to the top of the day - rotting in the hot afternoon wind - kids like Jake give me hope and happiness.  I look at this picture and laugh and know that all will be just fine.  Just fine.

Thanks for being with us all, dear Jake, as we struggle to remember the goodness and beauty in human beings. 

No comments: