Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Oh No!! Not Another Birthday!!

To My Mother On Her Birthday

Although you may not appreciate this picture that much, I post it with love and adoration.  This song always makes me think of you -

Jean, Jean.  Roses are red
All of the leaves have gone green.
And the clouds are so low, you can touch them and so
Come out to the meadow, Jean.
 
Jean, Jean you're young and alive
Come out of your half-dreamed dream
And run if you will, to the top of the hill
Open your arms, bonnie Jean.
 
Till the sheep in the valley come home my way
Till the stars fall around me and find me alone
When the sun comes a-singin', I'll still be waitin'....
 
For Jean.  Jean.  Roses are red
All of the leaves have turned green.
When the hills are ablaze with the moon's yellow haze
Come into my arms, bonnie Jean.

You are brave.  You are strong.  You are hard headed and I am proud, so very proud to call you Mother.  Happy Birthday, Mom!

No comments: