Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Tuesday's Sessions

Tuesday was our day of sessions.  We arrived early for last second details.  The security men were all serious and a-flutter with the incoming dignitary's visit.  This political person was somewhat similar to our Secretary of Interior, best I could figure.  He spoke Spanish, the headset did not dial into the correct channel to hear the interpreter so I have no idea what he said!  And he is a very practiced speaker.  His words went on and on! 

Presentations were interesting and all on risk in the fire world, human behavior, and some other quite interesting presentations.  One of my favorite was a weather presentation done from a scientist from Missoula.  I could understand his language!!

The evening ended with an award presentation with another visit from the important person, another long winded speech by him (my headset had been turned in by this time so again, I was clueless as to what he was saying), and we all went off for a "dinner" of appetizers.

The second part of the conference begins today.  I am off  to learn more. 

Here are some images from the day. 







No comments: