Friday, March 3, 2017

Traveling. Again.

The wonderful thing about the Barcelona trip is it made a new sense of relativity when traveling.  Heading out today to Michigan.  I should touch down a bit after mid night.  Easy peasy!!  Got to the airport in plenty of time (thanks for the ride, Michael), had a bowl of chili and a bloody Mary.  Why not?  It is a beautiful day to fly. 

I have been asked, several times, where I am going.  They expect an answer of somewhere warm and tropical and wonder when I respond, "Michigan".  In my 51 pound suitcase, I have packed winter boots, wool wind break sweater, and tops and bottom Rivers West rain/winter gear.  I am ready for the Michigan winter!  You bet 'cha, I am!  Bring it on - Davinchi's horse in a winter park - also shared property with a Wei exhibit!  Who knew Grand Rapids would have art? I plan to walk the shores of Lake Michigan with Jen at Sleeping Bear Dunes National Park, go to the park mentioned above, see the Alexander Calder sculpture located somewhere in Grand Rapids, and see the butterflies (clearly, they are located at an inside setting).  And drive.  A lot.  I remembered to bring the GPS unit.

Here is what this place looks like today.  The ski hill is about to hit 500" of snow for the year.  Newspaper headlines predict early water release behind dams.  The day is warm and the promise of spring permeates in all beings.  Spring.  Spring is coming!  This year, we will celebrate with an induced sense of joy after the Winter of 2017.  It has been a remarkable one, indeed. 

No comments: