Thursday, June 29, 2017

Poppies, Rain, and Hail

When Mike and I are ready to rent the white house, this will be the picture I use to advertise!  I recall a visit home and Dad's orange poppies in full bloom out by the mail box.  Always hoping for a patch of poppies, another bonus feature to our newly acquired property has presented itself!  



This week has been punctuated with black, ominous thunderstorms building up around 11am and looming overhead.  Rain and hail pour out of these angry clouds.  The hail has pummeled some places, covering the ground in white marbles.  So far, our new tender alfalfa plants have been spared. 

A tour of my Hoback garden after yesterday's morning rain storm and then shining sunlight.  You could almost hear the plants growing!  Clearly, I like poppies!!  It is a beautiful summer this year! 







No comments: