Monday, September 25, 2017

Long, quiet stretch

Greetings All!  My apologies for the long, quiet stretch on this blog site.  I keep thinking things will slow down.  Hah!  Silly me!  Last week just kept throwing things at me and I just couldn't make time for a post.

As I think of last weekend, it seems so far away, looking now outside to a snow-covered landscape.  The last several days have been gloomy, cold, wet, and a bit dreary.  To begin, here is a great picture of Todd and Janet as they began their float down the Salt River.  We enjoyed a wonderful evening in Freedom, sharing Janet's meatballs and pasta and consuming a enthusiastic SIX bottles of wine.  Oh my, oh my!!  What a fun evening!  They learned to play Pitch - one of our favorite card games.


I think I will make Todd & Janet a large print for their wall - love this picture!!  Their float got them some great fish and a memorable ride down the river.  Fortunately, no damage was done to their ship!!

This weekend - a view from our back door, dawn.  The top of the hot tub (bottom right) is snow-free because we enjoyed our morning soak!!


And here, a little friend.  All puffed up and close to his food source.  Yup.  The hummingbirds are still around.  This week's forecast looks a little better....we'll see.  There is plenty of sugar if they are sticking around.


No comments: