Sunday, July 29, 2018

Overdue Update

Those who return from vacation, need a vacation most of all!

Sure has felt that way since we returned from our relaxing and enjoyable pack trip.  A short ride up Little Granite Creek to a meadow filled with flowers and the cold and clear-watered creek right by our site, this was indeed, a vacation!  Here are some pictures from the trip.





We ate well.  We slept well.  We relaxed well.  Now that's what I call a vacation!

Meanwhile, on the farm, marketing the hay is going well.  Thanks to the age of social media, one ad on Facebook might be just all it takes to sell the entire first cutting!  Check out our new Facebook site:  KLazyMRanch. 

I have been dreaming of making kraut from my garden cabbages and that got done this weekend.  In a couple of weeks, delicious tart and refreshing sauerkraut will come out of this jar thanks to some good bacteria! 


 
The jar on the right is filled with a brand new batch of the ever-so-popular Kinda Kimchi!  This is a very special batch - I used some of my garlic scapes in the recipe. 
 
And in between cleaning the house, being on duty, making kraut, and posting this blog (!), check out the jams I've been stirring up in my awesome Copper Pan.  I think I'll call them Copper Pan Jams!  The best is the apricot, but the others are quite fine too!  Buy a ton of hay, and you get a jar of jam!!  Gotta love that brand!!
 



Next week - FREEDOM!!  I may just set up a Farmer's Stand by the road...…..

No comments: