Saturday, March 23, 2019

Art

 Who thought there would be art in a beehive? Today I found it! These are the most beautiful beehives I have ever seen. They’re too pretty to actually put to work! I have purchased my first box to make come honey.  Very excited. The whole idea of spinning honey and having one big sticky mess does not appeal to me. If I am successful, you can count on comb honey for your gifts! If I am not successful, I have a beautiful piece of woodwork. Aren't they pretty? He is also a great instructor and from Salt Lake City. I anticipate seeing Albert again. Take a look at his website; it's not nearly as interesting though as looking at his beehives.  Albert's Site

 Before I show you these beautiful boxes, I have to show you the prettiest picture of the day. After all this learning, I have come to realize how little I know! Not too much of a surprise but what does surprise me is that I have any bees left alive at this point. So in somewhat of a panic and nervous ninny moment, I had Michael go out and take a look at the hive today. It was warm, around 40° or maybe even 45. He sent me this picture. If you look close you can see bees are flying around the hive! That is like the happiest thing a beekeeper could see at this time of the year. See all the black dots of the hive? That is where they have taken flights to poop! That’s their poop That is another great side of the hive I have come to learn because it means there are live bees.   So to have bees that are alive under the watch of a beekeeper who knows very little, well it’s just a really great thing. 

 And now, feast your eyes on some really really beautiful beehives. 





No comments: