Friday, April 26, 2019

The Gun Does Not Fire

Mike and his mule, Cosmo, went to the vet yesterday.  An Xray was taken.  With glee, it was discovered Cosmo was suffering from a deep internal bruise in his hoof.  He is not out of danger yet.  The infection and swelling will need to drain and heal, and, as noted, the abscess is deep within his hoof.  But, the gun did not fire yesterday!  The two will be working together daily, soaking the foot, digging in, and trying to get the thing healed.  Here they are.  A man, his mule, and the string they pull along in the mountain wilderness. 


Meanwhile, spring is springing!  We were wakened by the sudden flash of lightning around 5am this morning.  Lots of rain and some warm weather has kicked the plants up a notch!  This is my pretty little pasque flower which blooms faithfully for me every year outside my office door.  I bet you could look back through this blog history and see its pretty flowers show up on an annual basis!!


Mike has promised to get out a very expensive bottle of wine to celebrate Cosmo's life!  I think I'll join him tonight in Freedom!!  Enjoy the weekend!

No comments: