Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Educated

I'll read a book on tape all day long.  Put one in my hands and night time and I will soon be fast asleep.  Thank goodness for books on tape!  An Audible subscriber, I have been able to fill my drive time hours with some very good books and a few lousy ones. 

Just about to finish the book, "Educated", I can tell you this book has been a very very good book.  Find it HERE AT AMAZON and get ready for quite the story.  Tara Westover's life story will captivate you.  Raised in a very Mormon family, she spends her adult life trying to get away from the tyranny of her father's rule and her father's religion only to be pulled back, time after time, to the country she loves so much.  It is a powerful book.

Although it's a bit late in the season, the days getting longer and longer now, Mike and I have started watching The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel on Amazon Prime.  It's a series and we are in for many laughs, for sure!  I just love this show!  Thanks Janet and Todd for sharing this with  us and giving your high recommendation.  Mixed with fun music, fun jokes, and life's dysfunctional family tales, this one grabbed us from the get-go!  We are hooked!! See a bit of this series at  TAKE A LOOK HERE  There are a bunch of episodes and many series.  We are going to need to binge-watch to get this all wrapped up by serious summer time.......it was -13 degrees this morning.  I think we have some time!!

No comments: