Monday, August 17, 2020

How Does Your Garden Grow

 It's full-swing garden time in Star Valley!!  This year's main attraction are the weeds; the scourge of all gardeners.  Taking a walk in the garden in the cool morning air is medicine for the mind and soul.  

A few of the 75 cabbages are cauliflower, I have come to observe.  Cauliflower is a waste of time.  Maybe there is something I do not know, but reproducing the compact snowy white heads like one finds in the grocery store is, so far, not possible.  You will only find cauliflower in my garden when one shows up accidentally in a free four-pack from my nursery friend!!

I have harvested 50 garlic plants.  There are 50 more to go.  And 50 harvested in Hoback.  The garlic did well, again, this year.  I've got garlic down!!  

The fava beans are shooting out their fat, squishy pods filled with the delectable fava bean.  Goes well with liver and Chianti.  What movie did that come from?  Anyone know?  They are a lot of work for a very little amount of reward, but oh so good......

The sunflowers are starting to bloom which makes the bees and me so happy!!  The sunflower plot is right out the front window - what a great thing to gaze upon in the morning!!  I will be planting red clover as a ground cover next time I have time. 

And there is that amazing petunia.  It has grown to touch the ground.  Amazing thing.  Worth every penny!!  

I hope your garden grows well this year too.  




No comments: