Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Spring Has Arrived!!

Today!  Today you could smell the earth as it starts to show itself again.  Warming in the sun, the fragrence repleat with spring!  Daffodils push up, their tiny tips tender and yellow against the wet dirt.  Piles of snow dimish.  There are even dry spots around the place!  And the forecast gets better every day!

Here is what I saw in my bee hive When I cracked open the lid.  Just saying, after this dreadfully long, bitterly cold, and miserable winter, I am delighted!  That's alot of bees left to start working!  Success!!  Many beekeepers lost their hives this winter.  It's not a bad thing to have good luck!! 



Mike is off tomorrow to visit a friend in Missouri.  He will fish.  He will hunt turkeys.  He will visit.  He will reconnect.  He needs this break and deserves it after a long winter of snow relocation!

Rooster is recouperating well.  We did a nice (leashed) 3 mile walk today and I praised the Cortizone makers for my pain-free knee.  Why did I wait so long to get that done??

The local creek is filling.


Many of you saw my canning project on Facebook, but I'm so excited about all this delicious fish now sitting on my shelf waiting for the day when we pop off the lid and dig into deliciousness!!  Such a treat!  Let's have some when you come and visit this summer, Miss Mary!!


Enough for now.  Our hearts are filled with joy with the departure of Winter.  It's a good season here, but lasted far too long this year.  Adios, Old Man Winter!! 


I had to ski to visit my bees.  This is the field today.  Still lots of melting to go!! 



No comments: