Sunday, August 23, 2015

Day One

Greetings Blog Followers.  Day One.  As a way to get to know my new camera better, I have assigned myself to a 14 day photojournalistic task.  Each day, while taking this class at the National Fire Academy, I will post pictures and thoughts from the day.

 
Shrine to Fallen Firefighters.


Today, of course, a big travel day.  Michael and I got up (with a groan) at 4:15 MST.  A quick shower, double check on luggage and items and we were off to the airport. Jackson gate below.



Today I learned there are 7 flights that commence from the Jackson airport between 4:30 am to 7:30 am.  The airport was a zoo!  I got checked in and through security without a hitch. Below, luggage at the Dulles baggage area.



A short hour in Ohare, one gin and tonic and some oriental lunch, and all aboard to Dulles.  The FEMA van showed up on time (the fire academy is under the FEMA umbrella) and several fellow students and I made our venture north to Emmitsburg, MD without incident (despite the rather aggressive operation of a van).
Two images below captured while standing in line at O'Hare.

 
 
I am now checked in and settled into Building F, Room 204.  Down the hall is the Fire Marshal from Eureka, CA - where Larry and Donna Ulrich live.  There is a place to put our business cards next to our doors.  I snooped as I made my way down the hall! 

 

Images from the campus here at the National Fire Academy.
 
 
 
Room 204, view of work area.


No comments: