Sunday, January 24, 2016

Good & Bad

There have been some good things and bad things happening around here.  I like to start out with the bad; makes the good things even better.  This morning I was giving Sally a nice scratch around the ears and discovered LICE!!  AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!! 

Okay, I can do snakes and I can do spiders, but ticks, fleas and lice CREEP ME OUT!  We made an emergency trip to town and found good supplies at Smiths, of all places!  All dogs got a bath today with the special soap.  Mike got a small horse trough, we added 10-15 gallons of hot water (warm by the time the bath happened), convinced the dogs they had to get a bath and they got one!  Some Front Line drops to follow and lots of vacuuming, laundering, and itching.......!!  AAAAAHHHHHH!  Make them go away!!!

Now for the good things!  Check out this beautiful dinner we had the other night.  I am almost certain that when I round up my favorite 10 kitchen things, a rotisserie will be one of them.  Three pheasant breasts, wrapped in bacon (of course), on the grill going round and round for 45 minutes.  I marinated them in wine, etc first.  Turned out great!





And here is my little Honda.  It is for sale.  I think most of you are just too far away to take advantage of all the life left in this great car!  Hope to get 'er sold this week.  Once it is sold, a picture of the new car is sure to come.

Have a great week!

No comments: