Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Flikr Explore

On my iPad, I have the Flikr Explore app.  Most nights, as I lay in bed annoyed that once again, Michael is reading with the light on (grrrr....we have discovered our upbringings were much different as children - he could read before he slept, Sandy and I were told "lights out" "go to sleep".  I don't ever recall reading before bed), I will open this app and look at the pictures for the day. 

Some are stunning.  Some are excellent.  Some are good.  Some are dumb.  Still, it is always photographically inspiring.  Inspiring in other ways too.  The other day I decided that we should go to Norway.  Every time I see an image from Norway, it resonates with something deep inside me.  What's up with that?

Two days ago, there was a beautiful image from inside a frozen waterfall taken in Starved Rock State Park.  You can check out the day's images at this link FLIKR Explore

There is a ton of information on the internet on how to get "explored".  There is no pay and rarely is one's name even on the photo.  It is simply something to brag about.

Having been a photographer in the past, I learned early that you can take all the beautiful pictures in the world, but if no one ever sees them, what's the point?  It seems clear, recognition by others is what makes artists keep creating art.

Caring more about my blog readers than the Flickr browsers, I have am going to post an ExploreMeKC picture every  now and then.  Am I doing this for you or for me!  Ahhhh, and that is the question, isn't it?!  Let's just say it is for both of us.  If you like the image, share my blog site with someone else who might enjoy following the blog and enjoying more ExploreMeKC images. 

The folks in the know advise tagging images with lots of tags.  So expect these too. 

I might even load one or two up into Flikr......

Here is offering #1, ExploreMeKC for today, January 10, 2018 - which is, by the way, the day after Dad's birthday!!  Hope you had a great day, Dad!!




lunchtime/packtrip/cowboys/wilderness/Wyoming/

No comments: