Monday, December 31, 2018

Traditions

Tonight we will carry on a tradition that started somewhat organically and spontaneously and now, three years later, will continue on!

Tonight, Todd, Janet, Mike, and I will gather around the table for a meal and some Pitch playing.  Before midnight, we will all jump into the hot tub (with swimming suits - I can't believe you wondered!) and bring in the new year under the stars, with a glass of champagne (not for me, I'm on duty - drats!), and listen to Bob Dylan on the outside speakers.

There's something about traditions.  They are good.  They keep us remembering that some things are worth going to a little extra effort, making that thing priority when so many other items are pulling at that list.  And traditions are fun. 

Making New Year's resolutions are another tradition.  I like to jot down a list every year.  Try to hold myself to these lists of better-meant. 

Happy New Year's to all.  Be safe tonight and all of next year, dear ones!! 

"We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day." ― Edith Lovejoy Pierce


No comments: