Monday, January 21, 2019

Hol-i-Day!!

 A slight wave of guilt surrounds my coffee and egg with Swiss chard breakfast. Mike has gotten up early to go work at the Walton Ranch, today is a holiday for me. I sit in Freedom and watch the snowfall, the breeze blow through Dani and Evan’s prayer flags which fits so perfectly between the chains on our outside swing, and I prepare for a day of ripping up the old carpet.


 Each to their own, I try hard not to judge. Old wallpaper, Carpet with plenty of dog pee stains, and bubblegum pink walls are just not my style. We have commenced the remodeling of the master bedroom in the house. Doing it all backwards, we’ve started with the flooring first. I’m sure this will cause a major headache later but it seems the only way to get going. And we’ve had a hard time getting going on this project. There’s always something that gets in the way. Heavy snowfall that needs plowed, decks it need to be shoveled, snow plows the break - there’s always something!   My quest today is to finish ripping out the rest of the carpet and prepare for the final half to be finished next weekend   Here you see the old carpet, the pink walls, and the new laminate. It will definitely be an upgrade! Onward with the cutting knife, yes I will be careful! A good way to cure a case of guilt is to get to work! I hope you all enjoy your day  whether you are working or on holiday!



No comments: