Monday, January 28, 2019

Renovation Ensues

The old blue/gray shag carpet is staged in the garage, awaiting its final landing place - the local dump.  Rolled into itself, the dog pees stains gross me out and I am even more glad to see it go.  Not our dogs, by the way.  I have learned that from now on, I will be wearing a 10-95 mask when I tear out old, skanky carpet.  Bad stuff there.

Mike and I put the new vinyl laminate down, finishing it up this weekend.  It is stunning!  Funny to get the floor covered with such beautiful flooring and then roll out the giant floor carpet I made off with from a garage sale last summer.  This thing is perfect and came with a thick floor pad!  It looks simply stunning under the bed.  With luck, Roomba will be able to clean in this room soon too!!



Next, the removal of the wall paper.  Having never done anything like this before, I was quite perplexed as I began.  It is true, I did very little research on the whole process.  Learning as I went, by the end of the day, I was ripping off large chunks of the old gray stripped, pink accented paper, wetting down the wall, and removing the final papery glue-backed backing paper.  It's quite the process!  Only one small wall left and the room will be done.

Now the walls are boring.  No doubt, there was visual interest with the wall paper.  An interesting development, indeed......they make stick-on, pull-off wall paper now......

The pink bottom areas will be covered with brushed corrugated metal.  Oh man, oh man - I can't wait for the bubblegum pink to be gone!!  Mike has a plan for covering and I know it will turn out awesome. 


We decided to stay the night last night, working until 7:30pm on our various projects.  He welded up a wheeled frame for the new fire feature, making moving it around on the deck a breeze.  I pulled off my last sheet of paper around 7 and made dinner.

We finished the evening with a long, rewarding hot tub soak!! 

 

No comments: