Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Mind Sump

Since COVID, I have been mentally impaired to write.  It's not like writer's block, but more of an emotional thing.  Like most everyone else, I have found it difficult to focus on any other thing.  Priorities reshifted and my brain has been at a loss to take a stand.  The brain energy capacity (BEC; a new cool acronym) is mostly used up on 1) how to try to keep Mike vigilant on disease prevention, 2) how to keep me vigilant, and how to stay infection-free at work.  These mental and sometimes verbal musings have been enough for my BEC and I'm tired. 

Everyone is tired.  I can tell because very few are taking COVID seriously anymore.  The stores that used to have clerks masked up, no longer require masks, Mike is chewing on his fingers again (a long-life lived habit, very hard to break - even with a nagging wife).  And I'm getting tired of fighting the COVID battle. 

Maybe it is so that we all will end up getting it.  I really want to believe it is possible to live life and NOT get COVID.  Too many people die from this disease.  I know, I know, lots die from influenza too, but COVID is different, more virulent.  It's sneaky, this one.  And deadly.  I don't want it.  

So, because I am tired and I really don't have much more to say, here are some pictures from the Freedom garden.  Doing so so well this year!! 







 

No comments: