Monday, June 22, 2020

What If This Was So.....

Today's exciting report!  Check it out by clicking on THIS LINK If it is so, I shall not get COVID!!  I have been stung so many times this year!!  Everyone will want bees, if it is so!!

And look at what my swarm bees have been up to!  So so exciting!  My quest has always been to get comb honey.  Anyone can get honey but comb honey is hard to get.  I am so excited!!  Thanks to that massive swarm, I enjoyed this comb honey, placed on a dish, scooped up with a spoon and savored - just like I did as a kid at my Great grandmother's table!  No idea on how I will harvest the natural comb the industriously built in the space where I had no frames to place.  Such a work of art.  It takes bees 8 hours of energy to make wax to one hour energy to make honey. 



Plants are relishing this year's wet/cold/warm weather.  Some plants are way behind, some are three weeks early.  I love the fickle irises, tall and splendid!  The garden is awesome.  My greenhouse friend made me take another flat of cabbages on Saturday.  I need to count, but I'm pretty sure I have upwards of 30 heads of cabbage planted now!!  

Look at these beauties!!



Mike and I made ourselves go fishing up on Jackson Lake on Sunday.  Thunder and the down bust of wind pushed us off  the lake - probably too early, but still, we caught a couple of fish - Mike snagged a nice 5 pounder -  and found out everything still works on the boat....oh, to have more time!!


A busy week ahead....Mike may be driving to the ID/OR border to buy a team of mules.....stay tuned!! 



No comments: