Sunday, April 2, 2017

Beautiful, delicious, and fun!

Allow me to introduce you to a very nice drink.  Found in our local free restaurant magazine, Dishing See More Here , I was inspired by this drink's beauty and a glass decanter from Phyllis Breen (decanter on right edge of photo below).

 
 
Here's how I made this Spicy Hibiscus Margarita:
 
Giving the lovely glass vase a job, I put 3000 ml of Silver tequila in the vase (this is two bottles).  Then I added 1/4 cup of dried hibiscus flowers (found at the local whole foods grocery store in the herbs and spices section), and 2 quartered habaneros ( with seeds) and let it soak for 24 hours.  In the world of ritzy-titsy hoity toity folk, this is called infusion!
 
The next day, 24 hours later, I poured the pretty pink colored stuff through a screen, throwing away the findings.  Now, the tequila, pink and beautiful, had a display case (the vase) to proudly show off its color.
 
So, time to build a drink!!  Fill a shaker with good ice - the kind you buy from the grocery store (I am a true ice snob, did you know?).  Add to the shaker:
- 2 shots of infused tequila
- 1 shot Gran Marnier
- 1.5 shot sour mix (I make my own by juicing half lemons, half limes)
- 1.5 shot simple syrup (I make this too Simple Syrup )
 
Shake this up and chill it down!  Rim a beautiful glass (as seen above) with lime juice, edge it with sugar (I used the coarse natural sugar), and pour in this nectar of the gods!  Enjoy!! 
 
Have I said how much I like this drink?  Alden, please share with Paige.  I see this drink being a big hit at  My Favorite Bar in Cody, the Juniper
 
We'll be thinking of you, Seth & Alden, as we build these drinks up to share with Todd & Janet for dinner tonight.  We'll be eating the first steaks from the steer Mike has been feeding to get ready for butcher, T-Bone! 
 
 




No comments: