Thursday, August 3, 2017

Mac & Cheese, Made Easy

  
 
Noodle cooking is usually a mess for me.  Preferring gluten free noodles, they get gummy, stick to the bottom of the pan and each other.  I'm never very proud of my noodles.  
 
They rave about noodle cooking in an Insta Pot on the web.  What is there to lose?  I give it a try..... 
 
Here is the simple step by step process: 
 
Put 1 pound of noodles in the Insta Pot.  Add 4 cups of water, 3 tablespoons of butter, and 2 teaspoons of salt (unless you add ham, as shown above – then no salt needed).  Put on the lid, set to high pressure for 4 minutes and release the steam to find perfectly cooked noodles inside.  
 
Throw in 1 cup of heavy whipping cream (oh my, oh my!!) and 2 cups of shredded cheese.  This will all ooze and melt together, stir a bit, add some pepper and be very very proud of your perfect noodles!!   
 
PS  After this batch, I made another for the folks selling tickets tonight for the Hoback Volunteer Firefighter BBQ picnic happening Saturday, August 12 noon – 4pm at Astoria Hot Springs – join us for delicious (non Insta Pot cooked) BBQ ribs and the fixin's and the fun!   $15 gets you in and then you get a $20 gift card for the Hoback Market – how can you go wrong with that kind of a deal?   
 
PSS  After the second batch, I made a red lentil soup.  It's about to be finished..... 
 
This is what the mac & cheese looks like, when the lid comes off!!
 
 
 

No comments: