Monday, April 6, 2020

Busy Body

We all have our various ways of dealing with stress.  It is a absolute fact that a heavy layer of stress weighs down on each one of us individually, each one of our community's, our nation, and the world as we watch the toll COVID has wrecked on people in its path. 

I have to stay busy.  And these need to be things that I have to put focus and concentration into - sitting down and reading a book, for example, does not work (although, of course, I am listening to my books via Audible). 

It was a great and busy weekend for Mike and me!  We started with a Virtual Wine Tasting on Friday night.  We grabbed up the six bottles and began with a surprisingly delicious Franc.  See the wine list here at Virtual Wine Tasting  It was a wonderful distraction and fun!  Tonight will be wine #2 and since I am on duty, Mike will have the pleasure of tasting this new wine. 

Mike installed his custom-build, hand made and welded, hitch connection onto the now-working tractor.  This will allow him to back up to any trailer and click into the hitch, lift up, and drive away.  How slick is that?  Super cool!!



Meanwhile, I stayed busy applying layers of paint to the almost finished barn quilt.  The blue is as awesome as the red!!  This barn quilt is going up on a red barn - it will make a statement, that's for sure!! 


 Sewed up a beautiful table cloth for our round table which is very sad as it has not had friends sitting around it, eating delicious food and drinking delicious wine - for a very long time. 


Looking for a face mask pattern that does not use elastic (there is no elastic left.  First TP.  Then flour.  Now elastic. What will be next??) 

Here is what is next!  Chicks!  Everyone wants to start raising chickens now!!  We have a very broody hen.  She hatched 2 chicks March 10 and four more appeared under her puffed up feathered body yesterday!  She is really quite remarkable!!  Giving her a few days for a break and putting 6 more fertile eggs under her this weekend - I have a friend in need of chicks!!  The first below are the four new chicks.  The next one is the 2 hatched and 4 from store which I was fortunate to grab up. 



Thanks to a staff member finding me a 25# bag of bread, sourdough bread making continues on!  I have a few "followers" who are buying my loves.  I must say, it is very good bread indeed! 

So, busy busy helps alleviate stress.  I am so thankful to have a partner to be alongside on this rough and uncharted voyage. I cut Mike's hair this weekend - ask him, it looks great!!  If I try not to think of this and live simply in the moment (keeping the news OFF!), I can find happiness in the simple joys of baking, sewing, painting, and watching little chicks hatch from their shell.  Life is good, life is good.  



No comments: