Monday, April 13, 2020

From My Pantry

To begin, thank you Mom for the custom made-with-love face masks!  The entire town is leaning toward wearing masks.  These are great and we appreciate them!  Mike's even fits over his nose - ha! ha!  I love the bees on mine!!


So back to the pantry.  There have been quite a few pictures of peoples' immaculate pantries on food blogs of late. I felt it was necessary to throw away my pride and put this picture up on my Instagram account.  Unabashed.  Unashamed.  Transparent to my organizational/time spending skills.


NOTE:  NONE of these food items were purchased before March 12, 2020!  This is pre-COVID hoarding here; where grocery store shelves were stocked and people weren't freaked out. 

And then there was this weekend.  On duty for Easter Sunday with a very very low call volume (nada), I decided to attack said shelving unit.  Remarkable findings. 

4 quarts of olive oil. 

     These were gleaned from a local health food store going out of business.  A big fan of olive oil and good priced olive oil, I have no shame in these four quarts.  

18 six ounce cans of chopped green chilis. 

     Good grief.  The only explanation I have is I must have needed them once and that triggered the automatic reaction to buy a can every single time I made a trip to the grocery store.  

Seven pounds of chocolate chips.

     Okay, I hang my head in shame on this one, I will confess.  Plus I have a 3 bag container on a shelf in the kitchen.  Who knew chocolate chips were of such high priority in my world??

Not one container of ketchup or tomato paste. 

     They are on the shopping list for when I 1) get the courage to go back to the grocery store or 2) we simply have to go back to the grocery store (which doesn't seem to necessary, does it?).

Close to two dozen cans of garbanzo beans. 

     We like hummus, what can I say?

Lots of diet tonic and 3 big bottles of gin. 

     Life is good!! 

So, here is the gone-through, rearranged by category pantry shelf.





No comments: